Displaying image at add-in(UDF) loading

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM
How do I display an image(.GIF or .JPEG etc.) every time the add-in(UDFs) that I created using ExcelDNA loads in Excel. What I wanted to achieve is that an image display verifies that the add-in (UDFs) has been loaded every time a new instance of Excel starts. How do I write a verification routine which checks, within the .dll being created for the UDFs or outside, whether the add-in is loaded and displays an image and stays for some seconds for the user to see.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 7:14 AM
I see that you have asked the same questionn over at the ExcelDNA Google group.

The best answer to this will come from there but it is something that might be worth adding the ExcelDna.Contrib.

All that should be needed is to add a call to display the form in the Auto_Open event (See http://groups.google.co.uk/group/exceldna/web/some-more-examples?hl=en) as opposed to MessageBox.Shwo you can use code to dspaly your form.

Hayden
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM
I added this functionality to the .Contrib project - at first I did it via a config file, but I thought that added uneccisary complexity for what we need right now, so what I did was design it so that if there is a splash.jpg image in the same dir as the .contrib dll then it will be displayed as a splash screen.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:35 AM, RookieExcelDNA <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

How do I display an image(.GIF or .JPEG etc.) every time the add-in(UDFs) that I created using ExcelDNA loads in Excel. What I wanted to achieve is that an image display verifies that the add-in (UDFs) has been loaded every time a new instance of Excel starts. How do I write a verification routine which checks, within the .dll being created for the UDFs or outside, whether the add-in is loaded and displays an image and stays for some seconds for the user to see.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDnaContrib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDnaContrib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Regards,
Kevin Trethewey

Driven Software

t: +27 (0) 82 579 9154
f: +27 (0) 82 131 579 9154
e: kevint@drivensoftware.net
w: http://www.drivensoftware.net
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:16 AM
Thanks Kevin. Just one more question, what type of file it is that shows up when Excel starts (I am talking about the Excel with Microsoft logo that shows up, size of a business card), I tried to search for it in the Excel folder as well as in Windows folder but can't find.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2009 at 3:16 AM
Not sure - but probably is an embedded resource in one of the assemblies, not a free-standing image file.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 5:16 AM, RookieExcelDNA <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks Kevin. Just one more question, what type of file it is that shows up when Excel starts (I am talking about the Excel with Microsoft logo that shows up, size of a business card), I tried to search for it in the Excel folder as well as in Windows folder but can't find.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ExcelDnaContrib@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ExcelDnaContrib@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Regards,
Kevin Trethewey

Driven Software

t: +27 (0) 82 579 9154
f: +27 (0) 82 131 579 9154
e: kevint@drivensoftware.net
w: http://www.drivensoftware.net