This project is read-only.

Attribute Based Object Cache

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM

First off ....

It has been quite some time since there have been posts made here. Is this project still active?

Secondly ... if the answer to the last question was "Yes" ...

I recently submitted an attribute based object cache system to the main ExcelDna group on Google and thought that the coordinators/followers of this project might want to take a look at it. It represents a modest extension to the object cache that exists in this Contrib project by allowing for "generic" access to all Attribute tagged objects in the developers library. The source and a sample spreadsheet are in the Files section of the Google group.

Let me know about any comments/feedback/recommendations so I can make this is cache model useful.

Rob

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Hi Rob The .contrib project was something a couple of us tried to get off the ground after I started using ExcelDna and found there was a common need for certain peripheral addons (like the caching). The uptake from the ExcelDna community never really happened and I personally moved on to work on other things, so the .contrib project hasn't really moved forwards. At some point i do plan on revisiting it and adding some of the generic stuff some of my clients have done with it, but If you would like to pick it up and add some new functionality I would be happy to give you check-in rights and you can go ahead...?
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Kevin,

That is more or less what I expected. I can't say that I'll do a whole lot with the check-in rights, but it can't hurt ... so sure. The object cache stuff will be thrown up there and I'll maintain it (its still a bit of a work in progress). Hopefully this can get going again some time in the near future.

Thanks.

Rob

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Added you, should should have commit permission now.

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I'll start working some of my code into the existing library.

Thanks, Kevin.